'Harassed' by teachers, 15-year-old Delhi school girl ends life


A class IX girl of a private school in Delhi's Mayur Vihar committed suicide on Tuesday, allegedly for scoring low marks.

Ikisha's father told the police that she had complained of the two teachers sexually harassing her, and that they would deliberately fail her in the exams.

Though the police could not find a suicide note to ascertain the reason behind the girl killing herself, her mother is blaming two of her school teachers.

"Ultimately they failed her in SST..."

"Based on the complaint received from the parents, we have booked two teachers of the victim girl's school under sections 306, 506 and 354 of the Indian Penal Code for abetment of suicide, criminal intimidation and sexual harassment", said Akhilesh Tripathi, the station house officer of Noida's Sector 24 police station.

Analysts Recommended this Stock: Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE:KMI)
The pipeline company reported $0.21 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $0.18 by $0.03. However, at one point, in the middle of the day, the price touched a high of $0.16 before it finally returned some of the gains.

The incident took place on Tuesday, when girls parents had gone out, and when they returned home around 6 pm, and found out that their daughter's room was locked from inside.

The 15-year-old student was found hanging from the railing following which she was rushed to Kailash Hospital in Noida. The father of the victim also alleged that earlier one of the teachers of Alchon school fractured his son's hand after which he had put the child in another school.

"The teachers used to scold the girl and touch her inappropriately", said her parents and added that the teachers failed their daughter in the exam intentionally. "Cause of death can be known after postmortem", Kailash Hospital doctor said. School has been following promotion policies of CBSE. "Let me make it clear that she had not failed, and a re-test was scheduled", the principal was quoted as saying by NDTV.

"Such a thing has never happened", the principal of the school said. The girl had even refused to go to school, claimed her mother.