"You can see flame damage", he told WFLA.
"I don't know what would've happened to my ear", Colon said. He isn't exactly sure what happened to the right AirPod, but he's definitely sure others should be warned.
Mr Colon says he believes the gadget's battery was responsible for the damage.
An Apple spokesperson, in response to question for comment from Channel 8 News, said the company has launched an investigation into the incident and will reach out to Colton, accordingly.
Samsung blamed two separate issues for numerous fires in the tablet smarphone hybrid.
Trump just praised the White House aide accused of domestic abuse
But Kelly handed Porter more responsibilities to control the flow of information to the president. Hicks helped draft some of the early White House responses to the allegations against Porter.
Who can forget the horror show that was Samsung's Galaxy Note 7?
These were caused by manufacturing issues, including poor welding at the battery manufacturer. However, this is the very first time that we have reported the AirPods blowing up.
As a result, we are relieved the new lightning EarPods are so much better than their predecessors.
However for the most part, cases of exploding headphones are pretty rare, if at all, at least until now where a report from WFLA (via 9to5Mac) revealed that a Tampa resident by the name of Jason Colon experienced something like that with his AirPods headphones.
They're surprisingly good at staying put within your ear, and the battery life is commendable.
The likelihood of losing them is real, but this fault lies in the hands of the consumer, rather than the manufacturer. While it's only one set in millions sold, it's going to get headlines just because it's an Apple product. The truly wireless headphones from Apple have been a huge success.