Suspect in fatal Call of Duty 'swatting' incident charged with manslaughter


Marc Bennett. He is being held in lieu of $500,000, and is represented by a public defender.

Tyler Barriss, 25, was arrested the afternoon of December 29 in Los Angeles in connection with the crime, and waived extradition to Kansas in a Los Angeles courtroom last week. Kansas prosecutes non-drug felonies based on this grid; it appears as though Bariss, if found guilty, would face a maximum of 55 months in prison on that one charge with the possibility for parole after three years.

Barriss is accused of making the false report, which reportedly spawned from an argument after a wager-based game of Call of Duty: WWII.

Barriss waived extradition to Kansas last week. Instead, Andrew Finch, 28, opened his front door when he saw police lights outside and didn't know why.

Swatting is the act of making a fake emergency call in an attempt to get officer to respond to someone's address.

Reliance Jio plans to launch its own Cryptocurrency 'JioCoin'
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and worldwide payment system which is decentralised from a country's official currency. This database is not stored on physical servers but on the cloud, which makes it easy to store unlimited data.

Police have said they believed Finch was armed when he moved his hands toward his waistband and then motioned toward officers.

Barris placed a report of a murder and hostage situation with the Wichita police following a dispute between two Call of Duty players over a lost match.

Several players later took to Twitter claiming that one gamer had made the call, but rather than giving his own address, he gave what he thought was the address of the other player with whom he had been arguing. "He doesn't play video games", Finch said. Barriss provided a false address to police.

Eyewitness News has learned that Tyler Barriss is coming to Kansas. The woman involved in the Calgary incident reportedly told police that Barriss targeted her because of her online presence, according to Rolling Stone. Officers said they believed he was reaching for a weapon, and fired, killing him.