Teen admits to killing mother, sister in Greater Noida


Enraged, he murdered his mother and sister late that night when they were sleeping, Kumar said. Police said he had confessed to battering and stabbing to death his mother Anjali Agarwal, 42, and sister Kanika, 12.

On the night of the incident, the boy's father had gone to Surat in Gujarat on work and his grandparents were away in Uttarakhand capital Dehradun to attend a wedding.

The accused told police that he used a cricket bat, a pair of scissors and pizza cutter to kill his mother and sister, according to a statement. Noida police sources informed India Today that the minor had called his father on Friday morning from an unknown numbe. after which the father immediately informed the police.

The boy, a resident of Gaur City, was picked up from Varanasi on Friday.

Asked about the motive of the crime, he said a probe is on and further details would be revealed in due course.

California governor declares State of Emergency for Ventura County fires
Numerous first responders including the Los Angeles City Fire Department, the Los Angeles County Fire Department and the U.S. Dry, gusty winds drove the Thomas Fire after it ignited Monday evening and spread from Santa Paula into the city of Ventura.

The 15-year-old juvenile who is a prime suspect in the double murder of his mother and sister in Uttar Pradesh's Greater Noida, has confessed to his crime, after he was apprehended by the police from Varanasi. He allegedly hired a cab and reached New Delhi Railway Station from where he reached Chandigarh and then took a bus to Shimla, said police.

The bodies of Anjali and Kanika were found in their apartment in Gaur City here.

The police said the boy changed his blood-stained clothes before leaving the house. He also left the weapons behind. After allegedly attacking the two victims on their face and neck, the boy left his home with Rs 1.5-2 lakh in cash as well as his mother's mobile phone, police said.

According to the reports, that the minor had taken a train to reach Varanasi on his own. By then, the Varanasi police had spotted him near the Dashashvamedh Ghat and informed the Noida police.

"His mother had scolded him earlier for his poor academic performance and his father had confiscated his phone".