Arrest made in 2010 killing of former National Basketball Association center Lorenzen Wright


Because of the grisly nature of the crime and Wright's celebrity, the case was considered among the highest profile unsolved mysteries in Memphis history. The murder weapon found in a lake in Walnut, Mississippi.

Wright was a native of Atlanta but visiting the Memphis area when his body went missing in summer 2010. 'You gotta pray for what you want and that's what I did'. His ex-wife, Sherra Wright, told police he left her house in the suburb of Collierville after she heard him say on the phone that he was going to "flip something for $110,000". He was drafted seventh by the Clippers in 1996 and played a total of 13 National Basketball Association seasons for the Clippers, Hawks, Cavaliers, Kings and Grizzlies. He retired in 2009 with a career average of 8.0 points and 6.4 rebounds per game. The NBA star's body, found in a field, was so badly decomposed after days in the heat that an autopsy could not conclusively determine the number of gunshots Wright sustained. She later told police that she believed Wright was carrying a large amount of cash at the time of his disappearance. She also says that she overheard him saying on the phone that he was going to "flip something for $110,000", and that she watched him get into a auto with someone she was unable to identify.

Sherra Wright said Lorenzen Wright left her home in a auto with a person she could not identify.

United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) Stake Raised by Park National Corp OH
Captrust Advsr invested 0.08% in United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE:UPS) for 27,100 shares. (NYSE:UPS) or 2,466 shares. (NYSE:UPS). Thompson Siegel And Walmsley Llc invested 0% in FactSet Research Systems Inc. (NASDAQ:PRCP). 5,200 are owned by Nationwide Fund.

Wright was out of the National Basketball Association and living in Atlanta at the time of his death but was visiting Memphis. Though the call reportedly included sounds of apparent gunshots, the dispatcher did not send any emergency personnel and only let a supervisor know about the suspicious call days later. "They said they found the murder weapon".

Now it appears police may have finally cracked the case, and may be closer to finally being able to answer why Wright was killed more than seven years ago.

A few days after that, Wright's mother filed a missing-persons report.