Trump welcomes Paul's return to Washington

Share

Rand Paul, R-Ky., said that though he is still in pain, he will return to his work in Congress on Monday - more than a week after his neighbor allegedly assaulted him.

The 54-year-old junior Republican senator from Kentucky said on November 3 that his long-time neighbour, Rene Boucher, also a physician, tackled him from behind when he was mowing the lawn at his house, breaking six ribs and causing a pleural effusion, which is a build-up of fluid in the tissues that line the lungs and chest, which resulted in difficulty breathing, Efe news reported. Porter said Paul was wearing ear protection, so he did not hear the attack coming. He simply expressed his decision to a Senate clerk before chatting briefly with several senators.

He declined to answer reporters' questions about the assault.

Via Twitter, Paul thanked people for their support during his recovery and said he was returning to work Monday and looking forward to helping pass the GOP's tax reform plan.

Sen. Rand Paul has returned to Capitol Hill following an attack at his Kentucky home that left him with six broken ribs. Boucher pleaded not guilty Thursday to misdemeanor fourth degree assault charges. The FBI is investigating to see if any federal laws were broken.

Russian Federation and Turkey to launch first Akkuyu reactor in 2023: Putin
The document was prepared by the experts of the two countries and agreed on by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who met earlier in Da Nang today.

Rand Paul spoke out on Monday for the first time since being attacked by his neighbor 10 days ago, saying in an interview that there's "no justification" for the attack. He has not elaborated.

Paul's neighbors had previously told The Daily Caller that they had no reason to believe that Boucher's attack was over a landscaping dispute. Robert Porter, Paul's close friend of 20 years, said the senator had gotten off his riding lawn mower when he was tackled from behind.

And his senior adviser Doug Stafford said the two men hadn't talked in years prior to the attack.

"This was not a fight, it was a blind side, violent attack by a disturbed person", Stafford said in a statement last week.

Share